You are here
Scholarship is a boon for students, belonging to the weaker sections of the society, who are unable to further their education for some reason or the other. Scholarship is an incentive as well as encouragement for students, who are talented, but do not have the means to study further. There are a variety of scholarships – merit-based, need-based, student-specific, career-specific, and college-specific. The Ministry offers National as well as External Scholarships to the needy students.
The National Scholarships of the Ministry are :
- Central Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students
- Scheme for Scholarship to Students From Non-Hindi Speaking States for Post Matric Studies in Hindi
- Scholarship Scheme for Students with Disabilities – A Scheme of Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- Special Scholarship Scheme for Jammu & Kashmir
The External Scholarships offered through the Ministry are :
At present, the Ministry is administering scholarships from three main sources:
- Commonwealth Scholarships for United Kingdom and New Zealand
- Scholarships offered by China, Korea, Israel, Japan, Belgium, Italy, Mexico, Turkey and Sri Lanka.
- Agatha Harrison Memorial Fellowship which is fully funded by Government of India
The Ministry also issue No Obligation to Return to India (NORI) Certificate required by Indian Immigrants in Canada, USA, Singapore, etc.
In addition all the above, the Ministry also runs the Central Scheme to provide Interest Subsidy (CSIS) on Educational Loans.