You are here
Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan
SSA has been operational since 2000-2001 to provide for a variety of interventions for universal access and retention, bridging of gender and social category gaps in elementary education and improving the quality of learning. SSA interventions include inter alia, opening of new schools and alternate schooling facilities, construction of schools and additional classrooms, toilets and drinking water, provisioning for teachers, regular teacher in service training and academic resource support, free textbooks& uniforms and support for improving learning achievement levels / outcome. With the passage of the RTE Act, changes have been incorporated into the SSA approach, strategies and norms. The changes encompass the vision and approach to elementary education, guided by the following principles :
- Holistic view of education, as interpreted in the National Curriculum Framework 2005, with implications for a systemic revamp of the entire content and process of education with significant implications for curriculum, teacher education, educational planning and management.
- Equity, to mean not only equal opportunity, but also creation of conditions in which the disadvantaged sections of the society – children of SC, ST, Muslim minority, landless agricultural workers and children with special needs, etc. – can avail of the opportunity.
- Access, not to be confined to ensuring that a school becomes accessible to all children within specified distance but implies an understanding of the educational needs and predicament of the traditionally excluded categories – the SC, ST and others sections of the most disadvantaged groups, the Muslim minority, girls in general, and children with special needs.
- Gender concern, implying not only an effort to enable girls to keep pace with boys but to view education in the perspective spelt out in the National Policy on Education 1986 /92; i.e. a decisive intervention to bring about a basic change in the status of women.
- Centrality of teacher, to motivate them to innovate and create a culture in the classroom, and beyond the classroom, that might produce an inclusive environment for children, especially for girls from oppressed and marginalised backgrounds.
- Moral compulsion is imposed through the RTE Act on parents, teachers, educational administrators and other stakeholders, rather than shifting emphasis on punitive processes.
- Convergent and integrated system of educational management is pre-requisite for implementation of the RTE law. All states must move in that direction as speedily as feasible.
For more details, click here: http://ssashagun.nic.in
Link to MIS for National Portal of Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan : ssamis.nic.in
- Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar (SVP), 2017-18 - reg. - (43.5 KB)
- Revised timelines of SVP, 2017-18 - regarding - (291 KB)
- Letter regarding the selection process at district level - Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar, 2017-18 - (214 KB)
- Letter regarding the screening process at district level - Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar, 2017-18 - (432 KB)
- Painting and Essay competetion in schools - regarding - (489 KB)
- D.O. letter regarding essay and painting competitions organised across all the schools on the occassion of Teacher's Day - (122 KB)
- Request for completing the process for giving district/state level Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar awards to the awardee schools of district and state level on 1st September, 2017 - reg. - (160 KB)
- Uploading of Swachhta Pakhwada activities on Google Drive - (117 KB)
- National Level Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar 2016-2017 - Best performing states - (47.7 KB)
- National Level Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar 2016-2017 - List of winning schools - (848 KB)
- National Level Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar 2016-2017 awards to be held on 1st September, 2017 - (848 KB)
- Contract Agreement for Review/Appraisal of Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan - (8.75 MB)
- Booklet on Cleanliness for Primary Level - (14.1 MB)
- NDMA Guidelines - School Safety Policy - (2.50 MB)
- Letter issued to all States & UTs for implementation of National School Safety Guidelines - (37.3 KB)
- SSA-RTE Framework - (16.3 MB)
- The 4th year RTE Act, 2009 - (18.7 MB)
- Confluence (Vol. 18) - Curricular adaptations for children with special needs - (3.12 MB)
- Re-Constitution of Governing Council and Executive Committee of National Mission of Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan - (578 KB)
- Constitution of District Level Committee for Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA) Programme, Mid Day Meal (MDM) scheme and Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA) Programme- Monitoring of these Programme/Schemes - (1.20 MB)
- Partial Modification - Constitution of District Level Committee for Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA) Programme, Mid Day Meal (MDM) scheme and Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA) Programme- Monitoring of these Programme/Schemes - (2.29 MB)
- Padhe Bharat Badhe Bharat (The Early reading and writing with Comprehension and Early Mathematics Programme) - (English) - (1.87 MB)
- Padhe Bharat Badhe Bharat (The Early reading and writing with Comprehension and Early Mathematics Programme) - (Hindi) - (1.87 MB)
- Including Children With Special Needs (Primary Stage) - Curriculum Adaptations developed by NCERT - (11.6 MB)
- A Handbook On "Swachh Bharat Swachh Vidyalaya" (English) - (9.66 MB)
- A Handbook On "Swachh Bharat Swachh Vidyalaya" (Hindi) - (9.99 MB)
- DO from Addl. Secy. to State Secys reg. Swachh Vidyalaya dated 19.09.2014 - (703 KB)
- "National Sample Survey of Estimation of Out of School Children in the Age 6-13 in India" - Draft Report - (11.4 MB)
- List of Special Focus Districts(SFD's) under SSA - (721 KB)
- Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar - D.O. - (894 KB)
- Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar - Guidelines - (990 KB)
- Extension of last date for submission of Application for Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar - (291 KB)
- Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar - D.O. reg. process of selection of schools for Awards at District Level - (1.79 MB)
- Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar - Guidelines for Selection of Schools for Awards at District Level - (681 KB)
- Extension of last date for submission of list of schools selected for the District level awards, upto State level for Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar - (300 KB)
- Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar - Extension of last date for final submission to the national level puraskar by the states - (427 KB)
- Notifications under Section 7 of the Aadhaar Act, 2016 for Sarva Shiksha Abhiyaan (SSA) scheme - (1.16 MB)