You are here
Maharshi Sandipani Rashtriya Ved Vidya Pratishthan
Maharshi Sandipani Rashtriya Ved Vidya Pratishthan (MSRVVP), Ujjain, an autonomous organization, was established for the preservation, conservation and development of Vedic Studies through establishing and supporting Ved Pathshalas in January, 1987 in New Delhi. Its Headquarter was shifted to Ujjain in May, 1993.
The objectives of the Pratishthan are:-
- To preserve, conserve and develop the oral tradition of Vedic studies for which the Pratishthan undertakes various activities such as, supporting traditional Vedic institutions and scholars, providing fellowships/scholarships, undertaking production of audio/video tapes, etc.
- To foster the oral tradition of intonation and recitation of Vedas through the human agency;
- To encourage and ensure involvement of dedicated students in higher research in the field;
- To provide for research facilities to students with the background of Vedic knowledge and to equip them with sufficient scientific and analytical outlook, so that modern scientific thought contained in the Vedas, particularly in the disciplines of mathematics, astronomy, meteorology, chemistry, hydraulics, etc. could be linked with modern science and technology and a rapport established between them and modern scholars;
- To establish, takeover, manage or supervise Vedic Pathashalas/research centres all over the country, maintain or run them for any of its objectives;
- To revive and administer such of the endowments and trusts as are defunct, or not properly run;
- To give special attention to Ved Shakhas which are extinct and for which human repositories can be identified, and to prepare a detailed list of Pandits related to these Shakhas;
- To ascertain the present status of oral traditions relating to the Vedas, particularly intonation and recitation peculiar to various regions, Institutions and Mathas in the country;
- To collect information about the state of textual material, printed manuscripts, texts, commentaries and interpretations, etc. of the various oral traditions of the Vedic Shakhas;
- To collect information about the present state of recordings, both audio and visual, available in the country;
- To undertake research, for advancement of scientific knowledge in Vedic texts and Vedic literature from the earliest time of Vedic period till the present, including areas of science, agriculture, technology, philosophy, yoga, education, poetics, grammar, linguistics and Vedic tradition and to provide for library, research equipment, research facilities, supporting staff and other technical manpower; and to undertake all such activities as may be necessary, incidental or conducive to the attainment of all or any of the objectives of the Pratishthan in accordance with the Memorandum of Association.
For more details, click here: www.msrvvp.nic.in