You are here
Jan Shikshan Sansthan
Jan Shikshan Sansthans (JSSs) are established to provide vocational training to non-literate, neo-literate, as well as school drop outs by identifying skills as would have a market in the region of their establishment.
Scope of Work
The Scope of Work of Jan Shikshan Sansthans (JSSs) will include the following:
- Develop/ Source appropriate curriculum and training modules covering vocational elements general awareness and life enrichment components.
- Wherever possible, JSS are encouraged to undertake
- Training equivalent to courses designed by the Directorate of Adult education, National Institute of Open Schooling and Director General Employment & Training.
- Provide training to a pool of resource persons and master trainers for conducting training as also availability of infrastructure and training – specific equipment.
- Administer simple tests and award certificates
- Network with employers and industries for trainees to get suitable placements.
Categorisation of Jan Shikshan Sansthans (JSSs)
Jan Shikshan Sansthans (JSSs), have been categorized into three categories, namely, Category ‘A’, Category ‘B’ and Category ‘C’. Different quantum of assistance has been provided for each category.
Pattern of Financial Assistance
With effect from 1-04-09 all the JSSs will be provided enhanced* assistance, at the revised rates, as follows:
|Non- Recurring(for infrastructure and equipments)||One time grant of Rs. 15 Lakhs only to the NEW JSSs.|
Monitoring and Evaluation
Directorate of Adult Education, Department of School Education and Literacy, Ministry of Human Resources, Government of India/ National Literacy Mission will be responsible for Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Guidelines for JSS - (509 KB)
For more details, click here: jss.nic.in