You are here
Inter University Centres (IUCs)
The UGC establishes autonomous Inter-University Centres within the university system under Clause 12(ccc) of the UGC Act. The objectives for setting up these centres are:
- To provide common advanced centralized facilities/services for universities which are not able to invest heavily in infrastructure and other inputs.
- To play a vital role in offering the best expertise in each field to teachers and researchers across the country.
- To provide access for research and teaching community to the state-of-the-art equipment and excellent library facilities which are comparable to international standards.
The Nuclear Science Centre at New Delhi (now called Inter University Accelerator Centre) was the first research centre established in 1994. As of today, six Inter University Centres are functioning within the university system, which are as follows:
- Inter University Accelerator Centre (IUAC),New Delhi
- Inter University Centre for Astronomy and Astro-Physics (IUCAA),Pune
- UGC-DAE Consortium for Scientific Research (UGC-DAECSR),Indore
- Information and Library Network (INFLIBNET),Ahmedabad
- Consortium for Educational Communication (CEC), New Delhi
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore
- Inter University Centre for Teacher Education, Kakinada