You are here
The first phase of “Shaala Darpan Project” to cover all the 1099 Kendriya Vidyalayas was launched on 05.06.2015. The same is presently under implementation through National Informatics Centre Services Inc. (NICSI). The objective of this project is to provide services based on School Management Systems to Students, Parents and Communities. The School Information Services includes School Profile Management, Student Profile Management, Employee Information, Student Attendance, Leave Management, Report Cards, Curriculum Tracking Custom, SMS Alerts for Parents / Administrators on student & teacher attendance.
Present status of 1st Phase of Shaala Darpan
- In the Delhi Region of KVS, total users of the project are 1,11,891 with 98,756 records being entered and 72,760 records verified i.e., 88.26% of records are verified. Further out of 65 KVs, 42 KVs are using SMS services
- Online Admission in KVs of Delhi Region is proposed w.e.f. 2016-17 for which testing and trial runs conducted in 8 KVs and it is also proposed to conduct trial runs in all KVs of Delhi Region
- KVS is working with NIC Cloud Team for Migration of the Application on NIC Cloud
- SMS Gateway Registration Form & Relay Form have been completed and Services will be provided soon
- First round of training across 25 Regional offices of KVS has been completed and KVS is also planning to conduct training of students & parents.
Implementation by States/ UTs:
The concept of the programme has been circulated to the States for their consideration and further action regarding introduction of similar system in the State Government Schools. In response to the aforesaid letters State Govt. of Andhra Pradesh, Chandigarh, Chhattisgarh, Daman & Diu, Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Goa, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Manipur, Nagaland, and Uttar Pradesh have shown their willingness to implement similar project in their States. Rajasthan & Gujarat has informed that they have already implemented a similar project. States of Assam, Odisha and Puducherry evinced interest to implement the project if financial support is provided.